Pulau Perhentian

Pulau Perhentian

Kitashinagawa to Aomono Yokocho station - Tokyo - Japan

Below pictures have been taken during my walking tour from Kitashinagawa station to Aomono Yokocho station. It's a 20 minute walk...but...I did it in circa two hours. It is a very lively area, full of restaurants and small shops and I had a certain sense of ''real Japanese life'' as I didn't see any Western tourists. I saw a surprisingly high number of temples and Shrines for such a ''small'' area, for example the Shinagawajinja Shrine and the Ebarajinja Shrine.
The highlight of the tour was Tokaido ''Shinagawa-syuku'', there, I felt that I was going back in time. The street has the same width as it did in the Edo Era.

The Edo period or Tokugawa period is a division of Japanese history running from 1603 to 1868. It marks the governance of the Edo or Tokugawa shogunate, which was officially established in 1603 by the first Edo Shogun Tokugawa Ieyasu. The period ended with the restoration of Imperial rule. The Edo period is also known as the beginning of the early modern period of Japan.

Landing Away in Tokyo










No comments: