Pulau Perhentian

Pulau Perhentian

Shibuya and Harajuku - Tokyo - Japan


The first place I visited was Shibuya which has one of the most famous intersections in the world. Crossing that intersection late afternoon on a weekend is absolutely overwhelming. It's croweded, busy and you just see waves of people everywhere.
In Shibuya we feel Tokyo's vibrant character. A lot of shops, shops with attendants on the door using loud speakers to promote their products, several restaurants and a few concert venues. The streets packed mostly with lively teenagers, loud music coming from the shops, and... at dusk the colored neon lights are on, yes, this is definitely Tokyo! I have strolled around with a travel guide and a map for reference, walking without a map can be challenging because there few streets with names.
I ended up eating is a very small Sushi bar, that could seat a maximum of 10 people! On my plate the controversial red tuna that is in extinction. It was so tender that I couldn't tell if it was meat or fish. I do understand why they catch it, it's delicious! But nevertheless it is in extinction...
My walk ended in Harajuku, I would say, for those who know London that its Tokyo's Camden Town, with teenagers dressed in Costume Play, instead of the Punks. They wear the most peculiar costumes you can imagine.
 
Landing Away in Tokyo

No comments: