Pulau Perhentian

Pulau Perhentian

Akihabara, Kanda Myojin Shrine, Imperial Palace - Tokyo - Japan


I have started my second walking Tour in Akihabara, the electric city (where you can find the latest in electric products), but I walked away from it quickly. I don't fancy huge shopping malls in general let alone for electric products. My telephone (simple, no camera, no added gadgets) is as hi-tech as I go.
By chance I have ended up at the Kanda Myojin Shrine allegedly built in 730. This Shrine is so bright, with striking red, gold and green colors. As I walked around it I could not believe my eyes...there was a wedding celebration inside and outside people were taking pictures of what appeared a baptism celebration. This Shrine is believed to bring luck in business, family and finding spouses. I quickly learned the ''prayer'' ritual: with closed eyes I bowed my head down towards the Shrine, bowed it up and clap my hands, bowed down again made a wish, than bowed up and clap my hands again, to terminate bowing down, sort of a final thank you.
There were dozens of visitors but the quiet and peaceful atmosphere was impressive.
I continued my walking tour, passed by the Yushima Seido Temple, continued towards the Nicholai-do (Orthodox church of Byzantine architecture) and ended up in the Nihombashi area right across the Tokyo Stock Exchange building.
I continued walking and just a few minutes away I was at the Imperial Palace East Park...again...I felt that I was making a journey across time. The palace has amazing gardens, with fantastic views towards the city. Again, the idea of an adequate balance between tradition and modernity is reinforced.

Landing Away in Tokyo

No comments: